DATA SECURITY POLICY
iContract is committed to providing a safe and secure online environment. You can learn more about some of the most common internet security threats, what you can do to protect yourself, and what we do to ensure your details remain secure.
What you can do to protect yourself:
Be aware of common security threats such as:
- Money laundering (usually involving unusual requests to transfer or receive money)
- Phishing (emails requesting unusual or sensitive data from you)
- Spoofing (a fake website looking like a legitimate one)
- Identity theft (use of your personal data, usually following a security breach, for fraudulent purposes
If you're suspicious of any email you receive from, or apparently from, iContract, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org including the subject line of the email you received, and the email address it was sent from.
- ensure that your password is always kept secure and changed regularly. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username, login or password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this information confidential. You must not share a username, login or password with anyone
but never include the following in your online or uploaded CV/resume:
- National Insurance number
- Driving license number
- Bank details
- Credit card details
- Sensitive personal data about ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation etc.
- Be aware of common security threats such as:
What we're doing to protect you
We've partnered with leading tech providers to ensure you receive the most secure levels of service possible whilst using the site.
To protect your personal information, we use industry standard protection mechanisms, such as TLS (Transport Layer Security, also known as SSL) encryption to ensure your data is safe when in transit between your browser and our servers. We also use salted, one-way encryption on any passwords that you use to ensure that, in the unlikely event of a data breach, you're password will not be visible in a usable form.
We have software that automatically scans, detects, and quarantines new viruses, ensuring that all documents uploaded to or downloaded from our site, including your CV, are safe and virus-free.
Our servers are securely hosted and managed by industry leader Amazon Web Services (AWS). The servers are physically hosted in Ireland and AWS provides consistent and standardised auditing, vulnerability and integrity assessments across all of their locations. As of March 2018, AWS have completed a major GDPR service readiness audit across all of their services and also offer public information on their achievements.
We will do our utmost to ensure that we provide the means to receive and transmit your data to and from our systems as securely as possible. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet may never be completely secure. Once we have received your information, our strict security procedures as detailed in this policy aim to prevent unauthorised access, but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk.